Monday, November 10, 2008

6 States - 2689 miles - 38 hours 29 minutes plus food and potty breaks

Alvin and I returned a few days ago by Southwest Airlines after driving with Cody, Chelsea, Carter and Cash to their new home in Gig Harbor, Washington. This cute town is somewhere outside of Seattle.


It was a long drive but so beautiful after your left the LA area. At first you saw cotton fields, fruit trees, dairy farms and feed lots with thousands of cows. I thought of my dad - him being the farmer; he would of loved the awesome site. Then, outside of Sacramento it was rolling hills of the most beautiful fall colors. Pinks, oranges, reds, yellows and purples. Of course you have to realize that I have basically never seen the "changing seasons" so this was defnitely a site I thought breaktaking. I would recommend the ride to anyone!
Gig Harbor is a fishing town of about 6,000 and a tourist site. A beautiful place to live and visit. Here are some pictures of Cody and Chelsea's cute home. Lots of fenced in green grass for the boys to run and play.



1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Was it that long???!! Ahh! Makes me get tired and sick all over again thinking about it. And the thought of fast food makes me want to gag. You are such an amazing lady to travel that far with us! And I think it is pretty funny that I didn't even do a second of driving! Sorry we got you two sick! We are still all coughing and sniffling here. I think the boys actually are sounding bad again. The coldness doesn't help.
We went and picked apples today in the back yard. They are super good! I just may get my honey homemaker skills out and make a pie. I need a crust recipe, otherwise I will just go buy an already made one.
Or, you can come back and make us one :)
We love and miss you!!