Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seattle trip!

We went to visit Cody, Chelsea, Carter and Cash for the first days of spring break, and before I go any further I need to clarify something. It seems that everybody talks about the Seattle area being rainy and nasty all the time. Alvin and I do not agree - we have been there on three different occasions and yes there is a little bit of rain almost every day but the sun has always come out to make the days perfect. We both like it there.

We had a great time doing some different things. I guess there is so much to see and do we will never be taken to the same place twice when we visit. We went to the local zoo and aquarium this time and it was pretty.


This is the first view you see when entering thru the main entrance. What a site to see!

Notice the monkey's muscels!


The acquarium was quite large with tons of variety.



And, this playground was way too cool! I would love to have just some of this playground stuff for my backyard. (like I have room) When we were leaving to go back to our car Alvin, Cash and I were walking up this ramp and I said, "My body is very tired." Cash spoke up and said, "My body is not tired at all." And, at the end of the day when we unloading the car Cash said, "I had a fun day with Nana and Pa." It was a very fun day Cash!

Our next adventure was an all day road trip arriving home way after dark. Every since Cody has moved there he has talked about going to the ocean and on our last visit he took us to all these bodies of waters and he called them the "ocean". Now, I call the places more like bays. Anyway, this time we actually took a 3 hour car ride to the Pacific Ocean and the beach he took us too was the best thing in Washington I have seen so far. This beach you will not find surfers or sunbathers or sand castles. Just logs and small rocks!

What do you think? I loved it and could spend hours climbing and just sitting and looking. Notice in this picture Chelsea's leg. She broke her foot falling down her stairs the first morning we were there. She was a trooper though and did everything we did.




Anybody that knows Alvin very well knows that he is always on the lookout for rocks that are smooth and flat. He is always thinking ceramics. In the above picture Alvin and Cash ventured out on the rocky beach to search out for that perfect rock. We came home with a heavy grocery bag full.

Our next stop was driving thru Forks, Washington. Those of you Twilight fans know that this is the place where the story takes place. It is not a very exciting town but it sure has captilized on the Twilight fame. Just outside of Forks is the Hoh Rain Forest. I guess Forks is the rainiest place in the United States. It didn't rain while we were there.





In the area between the rain forst and Forks driving we saw lots of elk. Now Alvin is not a hunter but his brother Brian is so it will defnitely been a good conversation between the two of them.



At Christmas time we see all the Christmas tree lots in Arizona advertising "Washington cut trees". Now I know why. I have never seen such beautiful trees and all sizes too. The above pictures shows a tree that is 500-550 years old.

We just had a marvelous time spending time with everybody. Thanks Cody and Chelsea for making it so much fun. And, Carter and Cash you were the perfect little boys while we were there. See you soon!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

NO...Thank YOU two for coming and making it a marvelous time! Washington is so much more fun having family here!
Next time I'll try not to do somersaults down the stairs and stay injury free!
I think the telephone pic with you should be posted on here too :)

We love and miss you tons already. Counting down the days till we see you next!

:)