Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm OK!!!

A couple of things have been said to me this past week that makes me feel good about myself. One was a lady saying, "I don't babysit my grandchildren." I wanted to say but didn't that she was really missing out on important things in her life.

The other thing is I was on the phone talking and I was sitting on my patio. This person said what is the music playing? I said, it was my ipod. She said, "You have an ipod?" I wanted to say but didn't that yes I have an ipod, I have an email account, I surf the web, I have a blog, I pay my bills electronically and I have a facebook page and all the while I collect social security!

Then I got to thinking - I have in the last several days planted three flats of bedding plants, dug holes for three climbing rose bushes, sprayed the weeds, sprayed the bugs and killed the ants. I have water proofed my patio tile and filled three large garbage cans with dead leaves from the yard. I also drove my mil 50 miles to see her ailing sister. Are you allowed to pat yourself on the back? I am doing OK for sure. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY everyone.