Sunday, June 24, 2012

Drum roll . . . Ta da . . . Finally finished!!!

We had our two bathroom renovated and finally I can say they are finished. It took four weeks for the guest bath and five weeks for the master bath. Every morning five days a week for nine weeks they were at our home at 7:00 AM to start their day. The crew of two soon became just part of the family it seemed.

I had before pictures for each bath but for some reason the guest bath "before picture" disappeared. I will just describe how ugly it was. First of all our home is 30 years old - does that tell you we needed new bathrooms. We had a pocket door that enclosed the toilet and tub area and we hardly ever used the door. The tiles we made as a family project and Alvin made the sink. As first it was cool to say that we made the tile but later not so cool. Everything was gutted in both bathrooms.

Viewing the guest bath:



The master bath - I do have a "before picture."


and the final product!




I have ordered a shutter for the window and I need a few more things to accessorize. But I love them both and couldn't be happier with the way they look. As you can see the grandkids like my new bath also. Tatum had four baths the first day!

No comments: