Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Yesterday the boys came home from school and immediately dumped their bags on the dining room table to look at their valentine cards. It was a fun.










I woke up this morning to a lovely orchid. My gift from Alvin. It is always intriguing to receive orchids and in the past I have done pretty well with them.

We had our taxes done last night and will be receiving a substantial refund so Gretchen and I went out shopping today for a new couch. Isn't it true that we are suppose to be spending money right now? I have wanted a new couch for a few years and have patiently waited. Anyway, when Alvin got home from work we took him out to see the one we liked and looked at fabric swatches. Wrong idea - his likes and mine are totally not the same. So, I have swatches here at home on the back of my existing couch and will decide by Monday which one I want. His or MINE! But, it is Valentine's Day right?

No comments: