Monday, January 11, 2010

Manners

Every since Tatum has been old enough to look at books I have had several hard cover girly books on the coffee table. We read these books nearly every time she visits. One of the books was about manners and I never knew how much she listened until one day during Christmas.

I put the books away after Thanksgiving and brought out the Christmas books for her to enjoy. One day during the holidays she said, "Nana, I can't find my manners book." We were at her house when she said that and I thought it was a pretty good memory on her part. I just assumed it was this book because we read it alot and is a great book and the illustrations are amazing.



A few days ago when the Christmas books had long been put away for the year and her other books brought out again she exclaimed, "I found my manners book!" Yes, it too was a manners book that I had forgotten about because it had been put in the coffee table drawer. She was so excited and proceeded to climb onto the couch to read it.





I do believe that reading these books about saying thank you, please, excuse me and etc. she has established very good habits about using good manners. Just give Nana a "big 5" for teaching her something very important.

No comments: