Sunday, October 31, 2010

Birthday is over - - -

Yesterday was my birthday! The big one where you can order from the senior menu, and you start spending your social security money and then the choice of all those medicare plans. Fortunately, we skipped the medicare business because Alvin's job has better coverage and even cheaper.

I had a marvelous day. First I went to Cooper's baseball game at 10:00 and afterwards Gretchen and Chelsea took me to lunch. Then we went piano shopping because Chelsea is looking for one and then Gretchen and I went to a store in downtown Mesa so she could buy a half prize Halloween decoration. It was very cute - worth the effort to get there! Then we went to the apple store because Alvin bought me a "IPad" for my birthday and I needed to make an exchange from a 16GB to a 32GB. (why? I am not sure)

What a surprise that he bought me an Ipad - and he did it all on his own. Many of you know his history of buying any kind of present. So, I was so amazed that he actually did make such a great purchase. I do love it. It will take some time to get the hang of it but I will. Everybody is very jealous of me and rightly so.

So, I ended up back at home around 4:30 and Alvin and I went to dinner at Zetas. I love that place. The food is never bad and always such new and interesting dishes to try. Of course the chili pie is a must have for dessert even when you are filled to the brim with the main course.

Today, being Halloween, we went to Chelsea and Stephen's for dinner and birthday cake and more presents. I wanted necklaces and that is what I got. I love them all and they are all totally different. The kids dressed up for trick/treating and Alvin, Grandma Helen, Gretchen and I sat on the front porch and handed out candy while they all went out knocking on doors.


Chandler was Michael Jackson. Tatum a princess. Cooper a baseball zombie.




Can't forget my little guys in Washington! I talked to them on the phone and they had many activites to attend the last few days and were very proud of their costumes. Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy! They sing a great happy birthday song too!!!!


Thanks everyone for a great birthday. I enjoyed it all!!!!

No comments: