Friday, August 2, 2013

Froggies Return

On August 27, 2010 I wrote about our finding little frogs in our pool. Read the attached  link before I go any further.

http://janamomnana.blogspot.com/2010/08/little-froggies.html


The other night we were awaken in the middle of the night with this horrible sound coming from our backyard. So annoying you couldn't fall back to sleep. We had a bad rain storm right before bedtime so Alvin said it sounded like a duck and maybe it had gotten lost in the storm. (that has happened before) I went outside to check and in the dark I thought I saw a bird or duck of some sort in the pool. I went inside to get Alvin and then turned the light on and discovered it was not a duck or bird just my ducky pool floaty. But, we found instead all of these frogs floating in our pool. They were the noise. We removed them with the pool net and went back to bed. The noise started again and Alvin went back outside to get a few more. The next night we removed two more. Alvin thinks perhaps nine total. He also said some were mating. I had actually thought that was the reason for the noise but I grew up being a little naive. That could be another google search but I don't think I will go there.  Nevertheless, I am quite positive those were the same frogs that we put in the flower bed three years ago so they could some day grow up and die in the skimmer basket. By morning that is probably where they would have been!


No comments: