Monday, January 13, 2014

Pancakes with Grandkids!

The last day off from winter break Chandler, Cooper and Tatum spent the night with us. I had promised Tatum she could have one more sleep over before school started up again. They all wanted to come and that was certainly OK with me. Of course if Cooper happens to be at Nana's on any morning it has to be pancakes. I had gotten the new Ann Romney cookbook in the Hamilton gift exchange and I wanted to try her pancake receipt so that is what we did.


Cooper beat those egg white until stiff peaks formed and folded them into the batter just like the recipe said. Extra effort and care went into these pancakes. But, to our dismay we decided they didn't really taste any better than the Aunt Jemima type we usually make and less work and less time. But I enjoy cooking with my grandkids so I have all the time in the world for them.

No comments: