Saturday, October 27, 2012

Drawing Class

As some of you know I have been taking a drawing class at Chandler-Gilbert Community College. I have taken other classes at the college throughout the years but always computer classes and never an art class. So, last spring I took Drawing I from Mary Lou Stewart. The first day of class I felt so out of place and maybe because I was the oldest class member. The first assignment was to draw a pear. Mine looked like a hamster. I can look back and laugh about it now. I finished the class and by the end of the semester I had made some progress so I decided to sign up again.

This semester I am taking Drawing II from Mary Lou Stewart again.  I really like her. I started out the first day questioning myself about why I was doing this again. We were asked to draw a fruit that first day and I strayed away from the pear. I drew an apple!

The class is half over. We have had ten assignments and just last week turned sketchbooks in for grading. This is one of my "landscape assignment" along with my instructors comment. Our work is done with graphite pencils so you won't see any color. I have come a long way!


No comments: